Going to Bangkok? Feel overwhelmed by a selection of hotels? Well, don’t be.
Here are some great Bangkok hotels we recommend based on your budget:
1. 8,000-9,000 THB NIGHT
– ORIENTAL HOTEL – One of the best hotels in the world. The oldest hotel in Bangkok on the banks of the Chao Phraya River. Beautiful colonial-style architecture. Not centrally located, though.
2.7000-8000 THB NIGHT
– PENINSULA BANGKOK HOTEL – High reviews, world awards. On the banks of the Chao Phraya River, but on a distant island. A free boat transfer to your hotel takes you to the overground station.
– SUKHOTHAI HOTEL – Beautiful modern Thai architecture in a beautiful landscaped garden. A bit far from shopping areas, but worth the beauty.
– FOUR SEASON HOTEL BANGKOK – Right in front of the BTS Skytrain. The name guarantees luxury. Near most shopping centers.
3. 6000-7000 baht per night
– GRAND HYATT ERAWAN – Stunning spa garden. Very close to BTS Skytrain. Elite shops directly under the hotel and across the road.
– BANYAN TREE BANGKOK – One of the newest hotels in Bangkok. The tallest hotel building in Bangkok. Exceptional spa and massage.
4. 5000-6000 THB NIGHT
– SHERATON GRANDE SUKHUMVIT – Beautiful Thai / Balinese-style pool garden with soothing underwater music. Directly to the BTS Skytrain.
– SHANGRI-LA HOTEL – On the banks of the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok. Nice pool, beautiful view. But do not try the Italian restaurant Angelini at the hotel.
5. 4000-5000 THB NIGHT
– CONRAD HOTEL BANGKOK – A modern hotel for a modern lifestyle. Short walk to get to BTS SkyTrain. The traffic is always terrible right in front of the hotel.
– PLAZA ATHENEE HOTEL – Nice and close to BTS Skytrain. But the name of the hotel can cause pronunciation problems between you and the local taxi driver. Take with you the hotel’s business card and the name of the road in Thai.
6. 3000-4000 baht per night
– MARRIOTT RESORT AND SPA – Right on the banks of the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok. Very similar to a secluded and relaxing resort. Not in the city center, but a free boat transfer to the BTS station does it all well.
– NAI LERT PARK, RAFFLES INTERNATIONAL HOTEL – A lush garden with a peaceful atmosphere. Walking distance to BTS Skytrain and shopping centers.
– TRIPLE TWO SILOM HOTEL – A good boutique hotel with a contemporary Asian design. At night, enjoy the Seal Road street market.
7. 2000-3000 baht per night
– PATUMWAN PRINCESS HOTEL – Great location, but always under repair. Right in the Mbk mall. Try Japanese and Korean dinners at Konju Restaurant, only $ 25 per person.
– SOFITEL SILOM – A cozy boutique hotel in Bangkok. A few steps from the night market on Silom Street. Near BTS Skytrain.
8. 1000-2000 baht per night
– BUDDY LODGE KHAO SAN ROAD – Good hotel in the world-famous Khao San Road area. Good for a tourist with a big budget. Ask for a quiet room. Khao San can be noisy at night.
9.500-1000 baht per night
– ROYAL RIVER HOTEL – On the banks of the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok. It’s quite difficult to get into the city. Large room for a small price. You also get a complimentary buffet breakfast.